Followers

0

Here's the rules!

Photobucket

WARNING!

UCAUTION
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP PURPLE DIVA AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.

Username:
From Go-Quiz.com

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

this is my son...Elder Buchan

Meet...

My son.

Youngest son.

He's 19 years old.

He'll be 20 in Apr 2011.

He's a missionary now.

For our church.

We call him

Elder Buchan

This is him.

Taken 21 Dec 2010,

In Santa Rosa, CA,

Where he will be serving his mission.

For 2 years.


We miss him.

A lot.

But we know he is doing the right thing.

For the right reasons.

And he will be blessed.

And protected.

Here's a little of what he does everyday.


post signature

14 comments:

Nonnas News said...

That's awesome!! I know you are a very proud Momma!!

Now are you gonna start bloggin more regularly now?

tammy said...

Remind me of all the right reasons and how it will be worth it in 5 years when I'm going through the same thing.

I know you miss him but are very proud.

Anonymous said...

I remember well being a missionary away from home during the holidays. The members sure took care of us tho. I know your son is being well looked after from above and in Santa Rosa! I hope you had a great Christmas and were able to have a wonderful time talking to him on the phone.

Sharon said...

I can see why you are so proud.
I stopped by what he does, and I found it so interesting.
Have a great day.

Carla said...

Thank you for raising a willing missionary man!! Because of two willing young missionary men who were out tracking, sharing the Lord's message, we have been LDS for 15 yrs.
We being:
1. Hubby
2. Me
3. Son
4. Daughter
5. Step-son
6. Son
(and later)
7. My super family history doing Mom (who has done temple work for hundreds).
God bless your son, he may not see the results while on his mission, but trust me, every life he encounters will be touched by his service!!

Pedaling said...

What a blessing, not only to your family, but to many others.
He's a long way from home.
He looks great!

Janiece said...

I love hearing about missionaries!
He is in our prayers.

Rachel said...

So stinkin' awesome!!! There is nothing more fun than having missionaries to write and spoil!

Devri said...

What a handsome missionary! Our family loves to pray for men out there doing the Lords work! We will add him to our list!

Happy New Year!

ps. Now you have another excuse to shop! :)

mCat said...

As you alreday know or are soon finding out - there is nothing quite like having a missionary on the field.
Your family, your own life will be changed forever in a good way! Hope for more updates on this handsome one!

Teena in Toronto said...

Good life experience for him.

Happy blogoversary :)

Janiece said...

I was looking through some of my OLD posts...and I didn't feel so bad to see I am not the only one slacking in the blog world.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!...Last post was your son LEAVING on his mission!

Unknown said...

Awesome Purple Heart

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey

Bloggin' Diva

Bloggin' Diva
See my award buttons at the bottom

My Blog Awards

Getting "G" with it!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site

NeoCounter