
A young couple moved into a new neighborhood
The next morning while they were eating breakfast,
The young woman saw her neighbor hanging the wash outside.
'That laundry is not very clean,' she said.
'She doesn't know how to wash correctly.
Perhaps she needs better laundry soap.'
Her husband looked on, but remained silent.
Every time her neighbor would hang her wash to dry,
The young woman would make the same comments.
About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a
Nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband:
'Look, she has learned how to wash correctly.
I wonder who taught her this.'
The husband said, 'I got up early this morning and
Cleaned our windows.'
And so it is with life. What we see when watching others
Depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
I hope that you have a very blessed day!
Followers

WARNING!
| UCAUTION |
| IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP PURPLE DIVA AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES. |
From Go-Quiz.com
Sunday, January 25, 2009
the window through which we look
Posted by CJ, The Purple Diva at 12:39 AM
Labels: Random Thoughts, Sunday Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bloggin' Diva
See my award buttons at the bottom
My Blog Awards
Getting "G" with it!

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Site
































27 comments:
Beautiful point. I will be telling a similar story soon. ')
Ouch! I bet that young wife was also a prefect mother before she had kids LOL
That is amazing CJ. I know I need to wash my windows. In the manner of which you speak. What a great moral.
That clothesline is cute too :) I hope you are feeling better this week.
I hope you are feeling okay. Only a few posts in a couple days. I hope the meds aren't working their D magic again!
Good story! I'm sure that I've said that same thing a few too many times.
Good point and great lesson for all of us!!
Great story.
Ha! Love it!
Very true!
This probably hit home a little too hard. ;)
Thanks for the reminder
What an awesome story! Thanks for sharing that.
That really was a great story and reminds us to examine ourselves, before coming down on others.
That's an awesome story! I can just feel that "oh shnikeys, I'm a big fat jerk" moment. Ouch!
That is a good reminder of not judging others. I think we all (myself too often) do things like that. Thanks for sharing the story.
Oh snap! How did I not see that coming? Good, good story. I'm gonna steal it for a future lesson or something LOL!
Loved it, needed it!
Thanks as always, my favorite diva!
Love this story-thanks for sharing it :)
That reminds me of the old woman who fussed at her husband everyday for getting toothpaste on the mirror. And he would clean it up for her, without complaining.
Then one day, he passed away. The next time she got up to brush her teeth, she saw the toothpaste on the mirror again. Then she realized she had fussed at him all that time, and her was that was getting it on the mirror and not him afterall.
This is a good one too...thanks for posting it. :)
Apparently I can't type...
*and it was her, who had been getting it on the mirror*
I think that's a great lesson for everyone.
Hugs,
Sweetie
Love this story. For a chronic comparer for me, it is perfect. However, I often find myself on the other side of the dirty window, imagining that I never measure up...we would all benefit so much form not comparing or judging, and just loving, like Jesus!
A lesson, we can all learn from! Thanks!!
So true, so true.
Good point! Well said - I really enjoy this
Ok am i the only one that thought...gees it's about time the husband washed the windows!LOL
on the real... sometimes i too need to wash my windows before making any comments about anything or anyone!
cute...and what a polite why to remind each of us.
wow.. loved it!! :)
This is a great lesson. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment